10 Ways to Get you Ready for Ramadan
Summer’s here, this means we’re only a few days away for Ramadan. During this season, it is important to prepare yourself for the fasting days to have a smooth transition for your new food intake.
- Light Dinner – Cutting down your dinner intake will help you lessen your appetite once the fasting starts but remember to have breakfasts with complex carbohydrate to stay energetic throughout the day.
- Hydration is key – increase you water intake and avoid caffeine such as tea and coffee, other hydrating options would be coconut water and fresh juices.
- Earlier rise and shine – have an earlier breakfast that usual, this will help your body to get used to the timings of Suhoor.
- 3 Meals – stick to having 3 meals in a day and avoid snacks, this will help you cut down on your intake as you’re only allowed to have Iftar and Suhoor during ramadan.
- Practice makes perfect – few days before Ramadan, volunteer some fast days to prepare yourself further.
- Sleep – regulate your sleep with the Ramadan hours, either by sleeping early or taking an afternoon nap as Ramadan days start early due to Suhoor.
- Meal Plans – list your ingredients and go to shops for your Iftar and Suhoor meals, this will help you save time and effort.
- Doctor’s Advice – before changing your diet and routines, schedule an appointment with your doctor to be safe.
- Exercise – stopping your workouts during Ramadan is not recommended, instead it is recommended to incorporate gentle workouts to your routine such as yoga and swimming.
- Detox – stick to your healthy diet and avoid salty, sugary and fried meals as they trigger more cravings to your body!
Ramadan Kareem, UAE!