Ripe Market Terms & Conditions
All members who would like to attend The Ripe Market must comply to our Policies, Terms and Conditions. By applying to become a Ripe Market member or take part in one of our events you are agreeing to and accepting our Policies, Terms and Conditions included below and in the Market Member Information Pack for each market venue. The Ripe Market reserves the right to update and change the terms of these conditions at any time.
If you’re brand new to Ripe, the first thing you will need to do is apply online here: https://ripeme.com/the-ripe-markets/application/
HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING
All bookings should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure all information is provided or your booking will not be completed. The Ripe Market will be operating on monthly bookings only for food trucks and live cooking, meaning we can only accept bookings for a minimum of 4 consecutive markets. If you wish to book for more than one-month, kindly note, The Ripe Market will require pre-dated cheques for upcoming months beforehand (either before the beginning of the season or no later than 2 weeks before the first participating market).
To make a booking simply email the following information:
Name of Company
Name of Market
Date of Market
Type of Table
Your Name and Mobile Number
Annual registration fee will be applied at the beginning of the indoor market season. The registration fee is to be paid in advance of any booking by credit or debit card, any previous outstanding balance will be settled upon registration. Prices are as follows:
Seasonal Registration Fees
- AED 150; Arts & Craft Members
- AED 275; All Food Members
Single Market Participation Packages
- AED 375 – Single; 1 x table (width 0.75cm | height 0.80cm | length 1.5m)
- AED 575 – Double; 2 x table (width 0.75cm | height 0.80cm | length 1.5m)
We will not confirm any bookings until pages 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the Booking & Registration Form | Indoor Season 2019 has been submitted.
VAT is a consumption tax that the end user is obligated to pay and Ripe Exhibitions Organizer Co LLC will be only acting as a collection agent on behalf of the taxation authority. Ripe Exhibitions Organizer Co LLC is legally obliged to comply with this Government mandate from 1st January 2018. The Ripe Market is a prepaid market, therefore all payments must be cleared a minimum of 3 days before the market date. A late payment fee of AED 75 is charged weekly from any unpaid booking
For all Arts & Craft members we can accept the four following payment options:
Cash – Please drop by our offices in the Courtyard Building opposite Bounce in Al Quoz 1 to hand the amount payable over to the Bookings team.
Cheque/Bank Transfer – Please make payable to the following and email proof of payment to email@example.com ahead of market participation:
Account Name: Ripe Exhibition Organizer CO LLC
Bank Name: Emirates Islamic Bank
Account Number: 3708 2295 06602
IBAN Number: AE690340003708229506602
SWIFT code: MEBLAEAD
Currency: UAE Dirham
For Food members, please note we must receive post-dated cheques upon confirmation of your bookings. Kindly note, the cheques will not be cashed until the month of participation. Food members who are paying for monthly bookings, please see your invoice for dates of post-dated cheques.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot accept any verbal cancellations at a market or over the phone.
Arts and Craft members: Full refunds will only be provided to members who cancel 7 days prior to the market date. As an example, if you are cancelling a Saturday market we must receive an email from you before close of business the previous Saturday.
Cancellations made between 5-7 days prior to the date of market, will be offered 50% of the original booking price back in credit, this can be used towards your next table booking within in the same Market season.
Cancellations less than 5 days will not be given a refund.
Food Members: We have a 4-week cancellation policy in place! If you cancel 4 weeks prior to the Market month you will receive your Cheque back in full. However, if you cancel within 4 weeks of the Market month you will only receive 50% of the original booking price back in credit to use within the same Market season. Ripe Market is a prepaid market therefore all payments must be cleared a minimum of 3 days before the market date. A late payment fee of 75AED is charged weekly from any unpaid booking
WEATHER CONDITIONS & FORCE MAJEURE
Outdoor Ripe Markets remain open throughout the entire winter season including all weather conditions. No refunds will be given to any members whom do not adhere to the cancellation policy regardless of weather conditions, this includes members who turn up to a market in bad weather and request a refund. The Ripe Market team will notify any members if a market is to be cancelled in the event of expected bad weather or dangerous weather conditions.
Please ensure that you do not leave your discarded packaging or rubbish at the venue. NO liquids including water/ oil/ ice to be discarded onto the grass/ sand or anywhere onsite. Any cooking oil needs to be removed from the market in a closed container. A AED 500 penalty charge will automatically be added to your account if you do not clean up after the event.
Absolutely no items (e. g. tables/ packages/ gas canisters/ rubbish bags/ hand wash sinks/ extra stock) are to be stored/ located in/ on the planting area. All items must be stored within your allocated space. A AED 500 penalty charge will automatically be added to your account if items are found in these areas.
No flags are allowed. No branding of any kind can be placed on any Park property or on any trees, bushes or other foliage.
- All standalone branding (eg, roll ups, blackboards) must be contained within your allotted space and behind your table not in front and not blocking your neighbors stand.
- Members need to bring their own tablecloths and it is recommended that they are from table top to ground to help hide storage boxes or personal possessions. Table dimensions are : width 0.75cm | height 0.80cm | length 1.5m
- No branding to be placed on tent canopies. If bringing your own tent, it must be WHITE color and approved in advance by the Ripe Market
It is in the interest of every member that if they want their business to succeed at The Ripe Market they must inform their existing customers and follower base about their participation at all Ripe Markets via social media platforms, company website and any other network channels to create awareness. We have designed a lot of marketing collateral to help you spread the word. If you would like something specific you can email email@example.com. We will also make sure you have access to flyers for each market too.
Ripe Exhibition Organizer Company Co LLC is not liable or responsible for any of the following circumstances:
- Any lost, stolen or damaged goods before, during or after a Ripe Market event.
- For any accidents or injuries to any members or customers from products they buy, touch, trial or interact with whilst at The Ripe Market.
- Individual 3rd party liability insurance. All businesses should ensure they have all their own insurances should an incident arise that puts them at risk.
- Operating your business and adhering to UAE Laws, including, Trade Licenses, Health Cards, Insurances and Permits.
- Offending any visitors at one of our events, due to inappropriate behavior or dress code.
- For any members of employees, or third-party consultants representing member companies
- For the actions of any food member at a Ripe Market that may cause sickness or injuries because of food members actions, errors or omissions.
- Should a member or customer bring legal action for situations happening that are covered under the disclaimer, the member will pay for all legal fees and costs, including those of the event organizer.
- The responsibility lies with each Food vendor to obtain all required permits and documentation for participation in the markets. Ripe Exhibition Organizer Company Co LLC can provide required NOCs to support each Food vendor’s application.
- Ripe Exhibition Organizer Company Co LLC is not responsible or accountable for the rejection by Municipality Food Control of a temporary Food Permit after booking has been confirmed or on site after an inspection by relevant Food Control authorities because of the failure by a food member to comply with Food Control Regulations.
- All member inclusive of food retail, live cooking and food trucks must have at least two items on their menu priced under AED 25 and have one healthy food option.
- Ripe Market can use member participants full names, photos, or other types of representation prior, during or post the event without asking permission of the subjects.
- Ripe Market reserves the right to not refund any fees paid by Food Members for future bookings.
- By registering as a market member, you consent to your details being added to the Ripe Market’s database and receiving information via newsletter or direct messages on vendor promotions and Ripe Market news
- By entering the markets, you consent to being recorded by photography, audio and video and its release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction.
- By signing up for a market, you agree to stay until the end and are aware that the Ripe Market has the right to refuse future participation due to this.
- All members market bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of a booking confirmation email and tax invoice from Ripe Bookings Team. Booking confirmation will be at the discretion of the Ripe Bookings team.
- Ripe reserves the right to amend their terms & conditions at any time.
By attending one of the markets I agree to independently research, understand and adhere to all the venues Terms & Conditions as well as safety requirements and policies laid out in my member information pack.