Alina’s Chickpea Tofu and Eggplant Curry
This tasty recipe is one of our Ripe Roclstar’s Alina, Enjoy!
- 1 Packet cubed and dried Organic Tofu Firm, Clearspring
- 3 Long Asian quartered into 3-inch strips Eggplant
- 1/2 thinly sliced large Onion, Red
- 2 Tablespoons minced Ginger
- 4 minced cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1-15 ounce drained and rinsed Chickpeas, Mr Organic
- For Topping Herb, Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Garam masala
- 1/2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli flakes
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Can Water
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the tofu and pan fry until golden brown on 2 sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Heat 1 table spoon of coconut oil in the pan used for the tofu.
- Brown the eggplant on all sides, working in batches if needed. Remove the eggplant from the pan.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in the same pan used for the eggplant.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until it softens. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, cumin seeds. and turmeric to the pan and let them toast for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the sea salt, optional chilli flakes and the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the coconut milk and water to the pot, bring it to a boil and stir, scraping the bottom for any stuck on bits.
- Add the eggplant back into the pan and turn the heat to low.
- Let the eggplant cook, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes, or until it is soft but not mushy.
- Stir the chickpeas and tofu into the curry and let them heat through. Serve with some rice (or, my favorite, cauliflower rice) and some coriander on top.