CHOCOLATE AND DATE TORTE
Brought to us by Dish Catering
This torte doesn’t have too many ingredients and is straightforward and yummy. It’s chocolaty but light and it keeps well, too. You can omit the dates but it’s a nice local touch. I first made this to take to a friend’s house for lunch, they cooked beautiful big paella and we finished it off with the torte, fresh raspberries, double cream and strong coffee.
- 6, egg whites Organic Free Range Eggs, Ripe 6pc Box
- 1/4 cup (35g), sifted All Purpose Baking Flour, Gluten Free, Bob's Red Mill
- 200g, pitted & chopped Dates, Khalas
- 1 cup (220g) Caster Sugar
- 150g, melted Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius
- Place the egg whites in an electric mixer and whisk on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, and whisk for 30 seconds. Once all of the sugar has been added, crape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and whisk for a further three to four minutes or until thick and glossy. Add the chocolate, flour and dates and fold through until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 22cm ___ lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 50-55 minutes or until outside is crisp.
- Dust with cocoa and serve warm or cold.
All Purpose Baking Flour, Gluten Free, Bob's Red MillQty: 126.25 AED
Dates, KhalasQty: 115.75 AED