Chocolate Orange Cake (Vegan & Gluten-free)
❤ Valentine’s Day is great excuse to try something new in the kitchen, so why don’t you try this beautiful orange cake and add a little zest to your romantic evening.
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Baking Flour, Gluten Free, Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tsp Baking Powder, Doves Farm
- Zest and juice of 1 orange Organic Orange
- 1/2 cup Polenta
- 1/4 tsp Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 180*C/160*C fan assisted/350*F
2. Make the flax eggs by mixing 2 tbsp flaxseed with 5 tbsp hot water. Leave to set for 15 minutes.
3. Mix the flour, ground almonds, polenta, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
4. Add the dates to a food processor and blend until you have a paste. You can add some of the milk to make the blending process smoother.
5. Add the date paste along with the milk, melted coconut oil and flax eggs, orange juice and zest to the flour mixture.
6. Transfer into an 8″ cake tin lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Ah, wondering how much calories you will put on? Not much!
See below Nutritional information (estimated per slice without the ganache)
Calories: 276 kcal