Chocolate Orange Cake (Vegan & Gluten-free)
❤ Valentine’s Day is great excuse to try something new in the kitchen, so why don’t you try this beautiful orange cake and add a little zest to your romantic evening.
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Baking Flour, Gluten Free, Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 cup, Ground Almonds, Ripe
- 1.5 cups Pitted Dates, Ripe
- 1/3 cup Cacao Powder, Ripe
- 1 tsp Baking Powder, Doves Farm
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (100ml), Melted Coconut Oil, Ripe
- Zest and juice of 1 orange Orange
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 5 tbsp hot water Ground Flax Seeds, Ripe
- 1/2 cup Almond Drink, Rude Health
- 1/2 cup Polenta
- 1/4 tsp Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 180*C/160*C fan assisted/350*F
2. Make the flax eggs by mixing 2 tbsp flaxseed with 5 tbsp hot water. Leave to set for 15 minutes.
3. Mix the flour, ground almonds, polenta, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
4. Add the dates to a food processor and blend until you have a paste. You can add some of the milk to make the blending process smoother.
5. Add the date paste along with the milk, melted coconut oil and flax eggs, orange juice and zest to the flour mixture.
6. Transfer into an 8″ cake tin lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Ah, wondering how much calories you will put on? Not much!
See below Nutritional information (estimated per slice without the ganache)
Calories: 276 kcal
All Purpose Baking Flour, Gluten Free, Bob's Red MillQty: 126.25 AED
Almonds, RipeQty: 147.25 AED
Pitted Dates, RipeQty: 128.35 AED
Cacao Powder, RipeQty: 136.75 AED
Baking Powder, Doves FarmQty: 119.95 AED
Coconut Oil, RipeQty: 152.50 AED
OrangeQty: 131.50 AED
Ground Flax Seeds, RipeQty: 118.90 AED