Coconut Summer Rolls
Homemade Fresh Summer Rolls with Easy Peanut Dipping Sauce are healthy, adaptable, and make a wonderful light dinner, lunch, or appetizer
- 1/4 Cup Organic Smooth Peanut Butter, Biona
- 1 Clove mashed Garlic
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 1/2 a Large Capsicum, Red
- 1/2 a large Cabbage, Red
- 1 Sliced Avocado
- 1 Handful Herb, Coriander
- 5 Large leaves Lettuce, Romaine
- To garnish Sesame Seeds, Biona
- 1 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Chili garlic sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons Warm water
- Optional garnish Crushed peanuts
- Prep/and slice all your ingredients before assembling.
- Prepare the dipping sauce: Add everything to a medium bowl (except water and optional garnish) and whisk until smooth. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of warm water or until you reach desired thinness. Pour into a serving bowl/ramekin and top with garnish. Set aside.
- Prepare the rice paper wrappers: Pour warm water into a large bowl or 9-inch square or round baking pan. The baking pan is what I always use. Working with one at a time, dip the rice paper wrapper into the warm water for 15-20 seconds (or as per the package suggests). You want the wrapper to be soft, yet still slightly firm and pliable. Immediately remove from the water and place flat onto a work surface such as a large plastic or ceramic cutting board. Sometimes I use a large wood cutting board, but the wrappers stick to it a little more. Pat the wrapper slightly dry.
- Fill the rolls: Place a few sticks of carrot, cucumber, red capsicum, and a sprinkle of cabbage on top of the bottom 1/3 of the rice paper. Then add a slice or two of avocado and a bit of coriander. Lay 1/2 of a lettuce leaf on top and 4 slices of shrimp on top. Remember, do not overstuff the roll. Start small then add more, as needed, as you roll each one.
- Roll them: Roll everything up tightly. To do so, gently pull up the bottom of the roll and roll over the filling. Then, roll and use your hands to tuck the filling in as you go.
- After rolling each, place on a serving plate. Cut in half, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve with peanut sauce.
10 (Rolls) people