Vegan Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
This Vegan Spinach Mushroom Quiche is the ultimate brunch dish!
- 2 and 1/2 cups All Purpose Baking Flour, Gluten Free, Bob's Red Mill
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt Large Grinder, Montosco
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil Green Strings, Muraglia
- 1 large, chopped Onion, Red
- 2 cups, sliced Mushroom White
- 3 cups, chopped Spinach, Baby 200g
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Italian Herbs Mix, Steenbergs
- 14 ounces of firm Organic Tofu Firm, Clearspring
- 4 tablespoons Ground Flax Seeds, Ripe
- 1/2 cup of nutritional Quick Yeast, Doves Farm
- To Taste Black Pepper, Steenbergs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
Preheat oven to 350°
Add the flour, salt, and vegetable shortening to a food processor and pulse until it’s grainy and resembles small peas. Add the water and process until it forms a ball. On a lightly floured surface roll it into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
You can also use a pastry cutter to make the dough.
Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. When the oil is hot add the onion and cook until it begins to brown lightly. Add the mushrooms and cook until they release their water. Add the spinach and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon of salt and combine well. Pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
Place the tofu, flax egg, nutritional yeast, 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, and 1 teaspoon of salt in the food processor and process until it’s smooth and fluffy.
In a large bowl combine the tofu mixture and the vegetables until they are mixed well.
Roll out the dough until it’s approximately 1/8“ thick and place in a pie plate. Trim the edges and pinch the dough around the top of the plate. Pour the filling into the plate and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil or a pie crust protector if it begins to burn. Let cool for five minutes before slicing.
All Purpose Baking Flour, Gluten Free, Bob's Red MillQty: 129 AED
Pink Himalayan Salt Large Grinder, MontoscoQty: 1144 AED
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Green Strings, MuragliaQty: 1199 AED
Onion, RedQty: 113.25 AED
Mushroom WhiteQty: 1
Spinach, Baby 200gQty: 116.50 AED
Italian Herbs Mix, SteenbergsQty: 126 AED
Organic Tofu Firm, ClearspringQty: 119.90 AED
Ground Flax Seeds, RipeQty: 124 AED
Quick Yeast, Doves FarmQty: 124 AED
Black Pepper, SteenbergsQty: 126 AED