Braised Red Cabbage
This simple recipe is a perfect winter side dish for any meal.
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Oro Del Desierto
- Good-sized knob Butter Sweet Cream 200g, Organic Milk
- 1 peeled and cut into thin wedges Organic Onion, Red
- 1 large clove peeled and finely chopped Organic Garlic
- 1/2 deseeded and finely chopped Organic Chilli, Red
- 2 Organic Herb, Rosemary
- 1 large Organic Apple Red
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 200ml Red Wine
- to taste Ground Black Pepper
- to taste Salt
Set the oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas Mark 3. Heat the oil and butter in a large ovenproof pan. Add the onion and cook gently for 10 minutes. Stir in the cabbage, garlic, chilli, rosemary, coarsely grated apple, sugar, vinegar and wine. Season well.
Cover with baking paper then the lid. Bake for 1 1⁄2 – 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Check the seasoning before serving with roast meat or spicy sausages and mash. For a glossier finish to the dish, drizzle the cabbage with more olive oil and stir in lightly.
Organic Onion, RedQty: 112.08 AED500gAdd
Organic GarlicQty: 110.50 AED250gAdd
Organic Apple RedQty: 120.48 AED500gAdd