Cauliflower and Fennel Salad
We love this simple, delicious and healthy cauliflower and Fennel salad. Dressed with a light dressing this salad serves as a perfect side dish or lunchtime snack.
- 4 cups Organic Cauliflower, Mixed Colors
- 2 Medium bulbs Organic Fennel
- 2 Teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Oro Del Desierto
- 1/4 Cup Lemon juice Organic Lemon
- 1 Clove Organic Garlic
- 2 Thinly sliced Organic Onion, Shallot
- 2 Tablespoons snipped or chopped Organic Herb, Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
In a large saucepan, cook cauliflower florets in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water for 2 to 3 minutes or just until tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Set aside.
Remove fennel tops and stalks, save for another use. Slice fennel in half vertically to show the fennel heart; cut away and discard the solid core. Slice fennel into strips. In a large skillet, cook fennel in the 2 teaspoons hot oil about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and the 1/4 cup olive oil. Whisk in garlic, salt, and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, fennel, carrots, and onion. Add the dressing; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley.