Kale and Apple Cake with Apple Icing
Kale cake? Yes Please! It sounds interesting and tastes Yum!
- 200 g Kale, Curly
- 3 Pieces Organic Free Range Eggs, Ripe - 12 Box
- 100 ml Argan Oil, Ripe
- 100 g Apple Puree, Biona
- 175 g Coconut Sugar, Ripe
- 2 Apple, Gala
- 250 g All Purpose Baking Flour, Gluten Free, Bob's Red Mill
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder, Doves Farm
- ½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt Large Grinder, Montosco
- 2 tablespoons Butter Unsalted, Organic Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 250 g Icing sugar
Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Grease and line 2 x 9” round cake tins with baking paper.
Tear the kale leaves into bite-sized pieces and boil or steam for a few minutes until tender. Refresh by running under cold water, drain and puree well with a hand blender.
*Kale is one of the more difficult vegetables to puree since it’s quite fibrous. A hand blender works best. Persevere for a few minutes to blitz the fibrous leaves to a paste. If necessary, add a little of the applesauce when pureeing to make it easier to blitz.*
It will still be slightly stringy. Set aside.
Beat the eggs, oil, vanilla, apple puree and coconut sugar together well. Beat in the kale puree and grated apple. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and gently combine, taking care not to overmix.
Pour into the prepared tins and bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool for 2 minutes in the tins and then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the Apple Icing: Sift the icing sugar into a bowl, add the other ingredients and mix until smooth.
Store in the fridge until ready to use. Frost the completely cooled cake.
Kale, CurlyQty: 113.70 AED
Organic Free Range Eggs, Ripe - 12 BoxQty: 126.25 AED
Argan Oil, RipeQty: 195 AED
Apple Puree, BionaQty: 1
Coconut Sugar, RipeQty: 134 AED
Apple, GalaQty: 118.90 AED
All Purpose Baking Flour, Gluten Free, Bob's Red MillQty: 129 AED
Baking Powder, Doves FarmQty: 117.92 AED
Butter Unsalted, Organic MilkQty: 134 AED