Vegan Avocado Toast
This can be your new obsession!
Vegan avocado toast with spiced chickpeas and sprouts is a super simple yet very nourishing meal that makes an awesome breakfast or lunch.
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Cups Chickpeas, Mr Organic
- 1/2 Lime Lemon
- 1 handful Rocket, Local (Arugula)
- 2 tsp Organic Paprika, Crazy Jack
- Place chickpeas in a colander for a few minutes to drain them well. You may want to save the canning or cooking liquid.
- Mix all the spices together with a few pinches of salt in a small bowl.
- Heat up a heavy bottomed pan on a medium-high heat. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the hot pan and wait a few seconds for the oil to heat up. Chuck dry chickpeas into the hot oil. Stir the chickpeas from time to time so that they don’t burn. Sprinkle chickpeas with mixed spices and stir the spices in. Turn the heat off but keep on roasting the chickpeas in the residual heat until they are evenly coated in spices and the spices become fragrant. Taste the chickpeas and adjust with salt if necessary. Stir frequently as ground spices burn really easily and become bitter. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Toast the bread on a lightly oiled griddle pan.
- Slice avocado and spread it on the toast. You may want to lightly sprinkle it with lime (or lemon) juice to prevent discoloration. Top with spiced chickpeas and rocket.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dot with hot chili sauce.