Vegan Avocado Toast
This can be your new obsession!
Vegan avocado toast with spiced chickpeas and sprouts is a super simple yet very nourishing meal that makes an awesome breakfast or lunch.
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Cups Chickpeas, Mr Organic
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder, Steenbergs
- 1/2 Lime Lemon
- 1 handful Rocket, Local (Arugula)
- 2 tbsp Evo Organic Green Lazio Olive Oil, Casinetto
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder (Jeera), Steenbergs
- 1 tsp Fiery Tomato and Chilli Chutney, Butler's Grove
- 2 tsp Organic Paprika, Crazy Jack
- A bit, to taste Himalayan Pink Salt, Steenbergs
- Place chickpeas in a colander for a few minutes to drain them well. You may want to save the canning or cooking liquid.
- Mix all the spices together with a few pinches of salt in a small bowl.
- Heat up a heavy bottomed pan on a medium-high heat. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the hot pan and wait a few seconds for the oil to heat up. Chuck dry chickpeas into the hot oil. Stir the chickpeas from time to time so that they don’t burn. Sprinkle chickpeas with mixed spices and stir the spices in. Turn the heat off but keep on roasting the chickpeas in the residual heat until they are evenly coated in spices and the spices become fragrant. Taste the chickpeas and adjust with salt if necessary. Stir frequently as ground spices burn really easily and become bitter. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Toast the bread on a lightly oiled griddle pan.
- Slice avocado and spread it on the toast. You may want to lightly sprinkle it with lime (or lemon) juice to prevent discoloration. Top with spiced chickpeas and rocket.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dot with hot chili sauce.
AvocadoQty: 15.88 AED
Chickpeas, Mr OrganicQty: 110.50 AED
Chilli Powder, SteenbergsQty: 121 AED
LemonQty: 114.70 AED
Rocket, Local (Arugula)Qty: 18.40 AED
Cumin Powder (Jeera), Steenbergs
Fiery Tomato and Chilli Chutney, Butler's GroveQty: 139 AED
Organic Paprika, Crazy JackQty: 121.27 AED
Himalayan Pink Salt, SteenbergsQty: 125.20 AED