West African Chicken & Peanut Soup
Brought to us by Kenwood
This recipe uses the Blend-X Pro Blender from Kenwood, you can find full product details here
- 1 medium Onion, White
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2cm piece Ginger
- 200g Potato, Sweet
- 1 Capsicum, Red
- 750ml Organic Chicken Style Stock, Australia's Own
- 1 can Chopped Tomatoes (Tinned), Biona
- 2 tbsp Organic Smooth Peanut Butter, Biona
- Small handful chopped Herb, Coriander
- 1 tbsp Groundnut Oil
- 300g Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- to taste Salt
- Peel the onion, garlic and ginger, and then cut each into quarters. Add them to the Blender and chop by selecting the coarse chop programme.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, empty the contents of the goblet into the saucepan and then, sauté on a medium/low heat for 5 minutes (until the onions are soft).
- Cut the chicken into 2.5cm chunks. Increase the heat and add the chicken to the pan, cook for 5-7 minutes until the chicken is white.
- Peel the sweet potato, de-stalk and de-seed the pepper. Cut both into 2.5 cm chunks and add to pan; cook for a couple of minutes, making sure to stir well.
- Add the stock and chopped tomatoes to the pan, bring to a simmer. (2 minutes)
- Once soup is simmering reduce the heat and continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes – until the potatoes are soft and, the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the peanuts to the goblet- chop using the Blend-X Pro blender coarse chop programme setting.
- Pour the chopped peanuts into a bowl and reserve.
- Stir in the peanut butter, cayenne pepper and salt to the soup.
- Transfer the soup to the Blender and purée by selecting the soup programme setting.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and coriander leaves.