Zucchini, garden peas & labneh with za’atar
- This lovely recipe can be Served as part of a meze table, as a starter on its own, or as a side dish with chicken.
- 1 courgette sliced into wedges lengthwise and into three crosswise Zucchini, Green
- 2 small handfuls garden peas Peas, Fresh
- 150 g Organic Labneh Full Fat, Ripe
- Finely sliced, to garnish Herb, Mint
- 1 tsp Za’atar
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- Blanch fresh peas in plenty of boiling water for one minute. Transfer immediately to a large bowl of ice cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the argan oil in a thick bottomed frying pan over a medium/high heat. Fry the zucchini, turning regularly, until browned, 3-5 minutes. Add the peas and keep frying for one more minute, turning a couple of times. Season and take off the heat.
- The dish may be served hot or at room temperature. When ready to serve, add labneh to a plate. Place the vegetables partly on top, partly on the side. Drizzle over some extra virgin olive oil and a scattering of za’atar, and fresh mint. Serve immediately.