Fool Em’ala (Fried Beans)
Brought to us by Basil from Howlin’ Roosters
This dish was one of my best friends as a student in university. It’s easy to make, delicious and pretty good for you. This dish can be served hot or cold, each version has a distinct taste and they are both good. Serve it with plain yogurt and pita bread. I like to spice it up with some hot sauce, too. Enjoy.
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Oro Del Desierto
- 2 cups, skinned and pre-soaked for 24 hours Beans, Broad
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Herb, Parsley
- to taste Salt & Pepper
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and parsley and fry them up.
- Drain beans and fry them in the pan with the garlic and parsley, mix to coat evenly.
- Allow the dish to simmer for 15 minutes, then add salt and pepper to taste.