Grilled Fajita Vegetable Skewers
Grilled Fajita Vegetable Skewers – A healthy vegetarian skewer recipe loaded with fresh summer veggies and “fajita butter.” A fabulous side dish for picnics
- 5 Corn cobs Sweetcorn
- 3 Large Zucchini, Green
- 1 Large Capsicum Large, Mixed Colours
- 1 Large Onion, Red
- 1/2 Cup Butter Unsalted, Organic Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Chilli Powder, Crazy Jack
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Cumin Ground, Crazy Jack
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Paprika, Crazy Jack
- 2 Tablespoons fresh juice Lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- to taste Salt & Pepper
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water at least 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat the grill to medium-low heat, around 325 degrees F.
- Shuck the corn and cut into 1 1/2 rounds. Cut the zucchini into 1 inch rounds. Cut the bell pepper and onions into 1 1/2 inch square pieces, and discard pepper seeds. Trim the brussels sprouts. Work the vegetables onto the skewers in a random pattern.
- Melt the butter and whisk with the Seasoning Mix (Chili powder, Cumin, Paprika, Cayenne pepper, Garlic powder, salt and pepper) and lemon juice.
- Grill for 15 minutes, dry. Then brush with the fajita butter and grill another 5 minutes. Rotate the skewers every 3-5 minutes. Brush the remaining fajita butter over the skewers once off the grill.
10-12 Skewers people