Healthy Energy Bars
- 1 Cup Peanuts
- 1 Cup dried Apricots
- Place the nuts, dates and apricots in a food processor. Pulse a few times just to break them up.
- Separate the dates if they start to clump together. Scrape the edges of the bowl as needed and continue processing for another 1-2 minutes, until the ingredients clump together and gather into a ball.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on your surface about the size of a baking sheet.
- Press the dough with your hands until it forms a thick square, roughly 8*8 in size.
- Use a rolling pin to get it flatted out and make nice and smooth.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour or overnight.
- Unwrap the chilled power bar dough and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut into 8 large bars or 16 small squares, as desired.
- Wrap each bar in plastic wrap or wax paper.
7-8 ( makes 16 bars) people