Raw Kale Salad With Lentils And Sweet Apricot Vinaigrette
- 2 Bunches center ribs and stems removed, washed, dried and chopped finely Kale, Curly
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil Green Strings, Muraglia
- 1.5 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, Eden Organic
- 1.5 Tbsp Lemon
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper, Steenbergs
- 1 Cup Cabbage, Red
- 1/4 Cup Apricot Preserve
- 1/2 Tsp Sea salt
- 1 Cup rinsed and picked over Puy or Beluga Lentils
- Whisk together olive oil, apricot preserves, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Turn Kale into a large mixing bowl, and massage 6 tbsp, of the dressing into the salad.
- You’ll need enough dressing for the salad to be well coated. Set aside.
- Place lentils in a small saucepan with enough water to cover them by 3-4 inches (approximately 2.5 cups).
- Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat, add a pinch of salt, and let the lentils simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until lentils are tender but not mushy.
- Allow lentils to cool slightly and add them, along with the cabbage, to the kale, and add another 2 tbsp. vinaigrette.
- Use hands to combine.
- Add extra dressing as needed, and season to taste.