Ripe Market Terms & Conditions
Annual registration fees will be applied at the beginning of the outdoor market season. The registration fee is to be paid in advance of any booking by credit or debit card, any previous outstanding balance will be settled upon registration. Prices are as follows:
One-Off Annual Participation Fee
• AED 300; Arts & Craft Vendors
• AED 550; All Food Members
VAT is a consumption tax that the end-user is obligated to pay and Ripe Exhibitions Organizer Co LLC will be only acting as a collection agent on behalf of the taxation authority. Ripe Exhibitions Organizer Co LLC is legally obliged to comply with this Government mandate from 1st January 2018.
Ripe Market is a prepaid market; therefore, all payments must be cleared a minimum of 3 days before the market date. Once booking is confirmed via email, vendor is liable to pay full amount.
For all Arts & Craft / Food members we can accept the following payment options:
Cash – Please drop by our offices in the Collective by Ripe building, opposite Bounce in Al Quoz 1
to hand the amount payable over to the Bookings team.Debit or Credit Card – Please complete our Market Card Payment Form on page 6 and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org , or call our team, 04 315 7000, to pay over the phone.
Cheque – Please make payable to the following and email proof of payment to
email@example.com ahead of your market participation:
Account Name: Ripe Exhibition Organizer CO LLC
Bank Name: Emirates Islamic Bank
Account Number: 3708 2295 06602
IBAN Number: AE690340003708229506602
SWIFT code: MEBLAEAD
Currency: UAE Dirham
Ripe Market does not accept Bank Transfers for payment. A late payment fee of AED 75 is charged weekly from any unpaid booking.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot accept any verbal cancellations at a market or over the phone.
Arts and Craft / Food members: full refunds will only be provided to members who cancel 7 days prior to the market date.
As an example, if you are cancelling a Saturday market, we must receive an email from you before close of business the previous Saturday.
Cancellations made between 5-7 days prior to the date of the market, will be offered 50% of the original booking price back in credit, this can be used towards your next table booking within in the same market season.
Cancellations less than 5 days will not be given a refund.
WEATHER CONDITIONS & FORCE MAJEURE:
Outdoor Ripe Markets remain open throughout the entire winter season including all weather conditions. No refunds will be given to any members whom do not adhere to the cancellation policy regardless of weather conditions, this includes members who turn up to a market in bad weather and request a refund.
The Ripe Market team will notify any members if a market is to be cancelled in the event of expected bad weather or dangerous weather conditions.
SAFETY & WASTE MANAGEMENT:
All vendors must wear hand gloves during the market especially when transacting with a customer. Each vendor is required to provide for their own hand sanitizer and ‘Stand Here’ sticker for their stand.
Please ensure that you do not leave your discarded packaging or rubbish at the venue. NO liquids including water/ oil/ ice to be discarded onto anywhere onsite.
AED 500 penalty charge will automatically be added to your account if you do not clean up after the event.
Absolutely no items (e. g. tables/ packages/ gas canisters/ rubbish bags/ hand wash sinks/ extra stock) are to be stored/ located in/on the planting area. All items must be stored within your allocated space.
AED 500 penalty charge will automatically be added to your account if items are found in these areas.
No flags or roll-ups are allowed. No branding of any kind can be placed on any venue property aside from the designated space. Branding without approval by the Ripe Market team will be removed.
All standalone branding must be contained within your allotted space and behind your table not in front and not blocking your neighbours’ stand.
Members need to bring their own tablecloths and it is recommended that they are from tabletop to ground to help hide storage boxes or personal possessions.
Table dimensions: width 0.75m | height 0.80m | length 1.5m
It is in the interest of every member that if they want their business to succeed at the Ripe Market, they must inform their existing customers and follower base about their participation at all Ripe Market’s via social media platforms, company website and any other network channels to create awareness.
We have designed a lot of marketing collateral to help you spread the word. If you would like something specific you can email email@example.com. We will also make sure you have access to flyers for each market too.
Ripe Exhibition Organizer Co LLC is not liable or responsible for any of the following circumstances:
• Any lost, stolen or damaged goods before, during or after a Ripe Market event.
• For any accidents or injuries to any members or customers from products they buy, touch, trial or interact with whilst at the Ripe Market.
• Individual 3rd party liability insurance. All businesses should ensure they have all their own insurances should an incident arise that puts them at risk.
• Operating your business and adhering to UAE Laws, including, Trade Licenses, Health Cards, Insurances and Permits.
• Offending any visitors at one of our events, due to inappropriate behaviour or dress code.
• For any members of employees, or third-party consultants representing member companies
• For the actions of any food member at the Ripe Market that may cause sickness or injuries because of food members actions, errors or omissions.
• Should a member or customer bring legal action for situations happening that are covered under the disclaimer, the member will pay for all legal fees and costs, including those of the event organiser.
• The responsibility lies with each Food vendor to obtain all required permits and documentation for participation in the markets. Ripe Exhibition Organizer Co LLC can provide required NOC’s to support each Food vendor’s application.
• Ripe Exhibition Organizer Co LLC is not responsible or accountable for the rejection by Municipality Food Control of a temporary Food Permit after booking has been confirmed or on site after an inspection by relevant Food Control authorities because of the failure by a food member to comply with Food Control Regulations.
• All member inclusive of food retail, live cooking and food trucks must have at least two items on their menu priced under AED 25 and have one healthy food option.
• Ripe Market can use member participants full names, photos, or other types of representation of the events without asking permission of the subjects.
• Ripe Market reserves the right to not refund any fees paid by Food Members for future bookings.
• By registering as a market member, you consent to your details being added to the Ripe Market’s database and receiving information via newsletter or direct messages on vendor promotions and Ripe Market news
• By entering the markets, you consent to being recorded by photography, audio and video and its release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction.
• By signing up for a market, you agree to stay until the end and are aware that the Ripe Market has the right to refuse future participation due to this.
• Ripe reserves the right to amend their terms & conditions at any time.
By attending one of the markets I agree to independently research, understand and adhere to all the venues Terms & Conditions as well as safety requirements and policies laid out in my member information pack.