ROOTZ ORGANIC ALMOND 200G
Almonds are small, oval-shaped stone fruits. They are not true nuts but a type of drupe nut, with a single, hard seed in the center. The sweet almond is a species native to India, North Africa, and the Middle East.
Almonds are full of energy and calories as they provide a whole range of significant nutrients and chemical compounds. They contain dietary fiber and monounsaturated fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins like riboflavin, and various trace minerals.
About 1 oz. or 23 whole kernels (28.4 g) of almonds contain:
- Calories 163
- Total Fat 21% DV
- Saturated fat 5% DV
- Potassium 5% DV
- Total Carbohydrate 2% DV
- Dietary fibre 14% DV
- Sugar 1.1 g
- Protein 12% DV
- Calcium 7% DV
- Iron 6% DV
- Magnesium 19% DV
- Help prevent heart disease and heart attacks.
- Support healthy brain function.
- Maintain skin, dental and bone health.
- Helps manage and prevent diabetes.
- Help with weight loss and prevent overeating.
- Increase nutrient absorption.
- Increase digestive health.
Preparation and Serving Ideas
Almonds are devoured raw on their own or toasted. You can slice, flake, sliver, or convert it into flour, oil, butter, or almond milk.